Committed to doing what’s right for the planet and right for business, we’re creating better everyday products that combine cutting-edge bioplastic technology and the latest sustainable design features that not only look good, but maximize shelf space, drive incremental sales, enhance logistics and boost environmental benefits.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Accounting Coordinator. Please note that this is a six (6) month contract position, with the opportunity to be extended to a permanent position at the end of the contract.
Job Description – Accounting Coordinator:
In this role, you’ll report directly to the Finance Manager and will work directly with the Accountant and VP of Finance. This role encompasses 2 core responsibilities, along with other functions as may be required to ensure that key performance indicators for the business are achieved:
- Process Accounting and Financial Transactions
- Coordinate with Customers and Suppliers for Operation of the Finance Department
You’ll be responsible for the crucial role of handling the day-to-day activities of the accounting and finance department, involving a wide range of accounting duties and functions to support the smooth operation of the finance department. You’ll be working closely with various departments to produce and maintain transactions recording to ensure the accuracy of data input. Your drive to be in the thick of things and get stuff done will ensure success in this role.
1. Process accounting and financial transactions:
- Work with the Accountant and Finance Manager to establish clear deliverables and timelines to meet reporting deadlines;
- Apply basic accounting principles and knowledge to perform routine accounting activities and clerical support;
- Process accounts payables, accounts receivables etc., by thoroughly verifying and recording into accounting system, while ensuring conformance to financial reporting and best practice accounting standards;
- Manage GL activities, maintenance, account reconciliations and monthly close processes in a timely manner (not limited to bookkeeping and spreadsheet);
- Generate and compile financial reports for internal departments by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends;
- Assist CFO in cash flow management, monthly collection and payment process as needed;
- Perform ad hoc financial reporting, analysis and projects as required
2. Coordinate with customers and suppliers for operation of the finance department:
- Verify invoices to ensure customer and supplier transactions are accurately documented;
- Coordinate and collect monthly receivables and payables payments cycle;
- Organize the entry of daily sales reports, invoices and sales receipts;
- Assist the Accountant with on-going and/or new projects including but not limited to: collecting related information from customers and suppliers;
- Perform project tasks and subtasks alongside the Accountant and Finance Manager for company activities, i.e.: generate reports for internal Business Performance Management;
- Respond to inquires from customers and suppliers promptly and professionally;
- Obtain necessary information to resolve account discrepancies and/or unusual problems;
- Provide coverage and support to other accounting functions as required
Enthusiastic – you know how to problem solve and make things happen – even when you don’t have all the answers. Your drive and go-get-em attitude means you’re the one who is eager to learn and gets things done without a lot of instructions.
Detailed-oriented– you love interacting with data and numbers and understand the importance of accuracy and organization and have a desire to probe further into analysis. You’re determined to understand causes instead of just the effects.
Leadership potential– you’re a self-starter who comes with your own batteries to work independently, identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions. You’re motivated to grow businesses and take on roles with more responsibility as they grow. Of course, being a leader means you work well with people and can find clever ways to make things happen.
Flexible – things rarely go according to plan. You understand that the ambiguous nature of business means you’ll often be changing priorities and doing things outside your comfort zone. You’re also open to working extended or unusual hours to meet deadlines and chip in as part of the team.
Capable – you’ve got a Diploma or Degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent education/experience), eye for detail and desire to probe further into data. You’ll need to demonstrable experience and knowledge in general accounting procedures, and comfortable using accounting system (Quickbooks Online). Skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint could be an asset, but certainly not essential.
Monthly salary is dependent on experience. Some evening/weekend work may be required during peak business volume periods, such as period-end and year-end.
If this job sounds like a great fit with your values, skills and experience please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 19th, 2020.