JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. Our firm is focused primarily on delivering high-quality legal services in the areas of public, constitutional and environmental law, particularly for Indigenous nations and organizations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to work in our Vancouver office, located in beautiful Yaletown. The primary responsibility of this role is to work with the legal assistant team and provide support to our legal professionals to ensure the seamless operation of the Firm.
- Provide calendar management using Outlook and Time Matters.
- Organize, maintain and manage updates to an electronic and paper Bring Forward system.
- Scanning and photocopying all required documents.
- Schedule frequent travel arrangements.
- Prepare monthly client billings.
- Manage monthly reconciliation of lawyer expenses.
- Interpret rules of court for various provinces and levels of court (i.e. BC Supreme Court, BC Court of Appeal,
- Federal Court, Ontario Superior Court, Supreme Court of Canada).
- Draft, edit, format, organize and print correspondence, memos, reports, court documents, labels and other printed material.
- File and coordinate service of Court documents.
- Organize and maintain client documents, pleadings, corporate records and various
other briefs and reports.
- Provide litigation support, including assisting with preparing specialized court documents.
- Provide guidance and act as a resource to other legal assistants who may not be as familiar with the rules for the various provinces and levels of court.
- Coordinate with court offices to schedule appointments, and arrange for trials and judicial review hearings.
- Assist with reviewing and assembling documentary evidence, and managing complex evidence records.
- Organize, maintain and manage complex electronic and paper filing systems, including opening and closing of files.
- Arrange and prepare for meetings including document preparation, catering, and other logistics.
- Other tasks as assigned to support the administrative team.
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program.
- Minimum five years of experience as a legal assistant.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keyboarding accuracy.
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office programs and Outlook 2010.
- Knowledge of Time Matters, PCLaw, CanLii and Quicklaw would be an asset.
If you would like to advance your career with a progressive team that is passionate about making an impact, please email a cover letter and resume by January 25, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants with Indigenous ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.