JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. Our firm is focused primarily on delivering high-quality legal services in the areas of public, constitutional and environmental law, particularly for Indigenous nations and organizations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant to work in our Vancouver office, located in beautiful Yaletown. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide assistance to a key Principal of the Firm as well as support the legal assistant team to ensure seamless operation.
- Provide calendar management using Outlook and Time Matters.
- Organize, maintain and manage updates to an electronic and paper Bring Forward system.
- Scanning and photocopying all required documents.
- Schedule frequent travel arrangements.
- Prepare monthly client billings.
- Manage monthly reconciliation of lawyer expenses.
- Interpret rules of court for various provinces and levels of court (i.e. BC Supreme Court, BC Court of Appeal, Federal Court, Ontario Superior Court, Supreme Court of Canada).
- Preparation for trials and chambers hearings.
- Draft, edit, format, organize and print correspondence, memos, reports, court documents, labels and other printed material.
- File and coordinate service of Court documents pursuant to the court’s rules.
- Organize and maintain client documents, pleadings, corporate records and various other briefs and reports.
- Provide administrative litigation support.
- Compiling and formatting court documents (ie: books of authorities, applications, motions and condensed briefs
- Provide guidance and act as a resource to other legal assistants who may not be as familiar with the rules for the various provinces and levels of court.
- Coordinate with court offices to schedule appointments, and arrange for trials and judicial review hearings
- Assist with reviewing and assembling documentary evidence, and managing complex evidence records.
- Organize, maintain and manage complex electronic and paper filing systems, including opening and closing of files.
- Arrange and prepare for meetings including document preparation, catering, and other logistics.
- Other tasks as assigned to support the administrative team.
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program.
- 3 years of experience as a legal assistant.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keyboarding accuracy.
- Takes initiative to manage, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office programs, and Outlook 2010.
- Advanced knowledge with Adobe and experience working with PDF’s.
- Knowledge of Time Matters, PCLaw, CanLii and Quicklaw would be an asset.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to take initiative.
In return for your hard work and experience, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including 4 weeks vacation to start.
If you would like to advance your career with a progressive team that is passionate about making an impact, please email a cover letter and resume by September 20th, 2019 to email@example.com
Applicants with Indigenous ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.